Procurement involves the purchasing of goods and services from suppliers and subcontractors, required by all parts of the organization, and the assurance of satisfaction of those needs at the lowest possible cost, consistent with the best quality and overall best value. The Procurement Department supplies the internals services to meet the purchasing needs of VSE.
Success is achieved by providing quality products and services that meet all of our customer requirements, needs, and expectations at a fair price.
The overall goal of the Procurement Department is to maintain at all times and under all conditions, a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to support internal and contractual requirements and schedules. Purchasing gives prime consideration to the Company’s interests while seeking to maintain and foster long-term, mutually profitable, and ethical supplier relationships.
Procurement is committed to:
- Dealing exclusively with companies that embrace the ethical values of VSE Corporation and its commitment to the Supplier Code of Conduct
- Complying, in all respects, with the antitrust laws, and with all other applicable laws without qualification or evasion.
- Ensuring the uninterrupted flow of production by obtaining and ensuring delivery of quality materials and services, at the right time and price.
- Developing reliable alternate sources of supply to meet requirements.
- Treating all prices and technical information submitted by suppliers as confidential in order to preserve a sound business relationship.
- Purchasing materials and services for their intended use at the best value for the customer and VSE
- Expediting delivery of and resolving complaints on all purchased goods and services.
The Procurement Department is the only organizational element of the Company authorized to:
- Contact or correspond with suppliers or potential suppliers about requests for formal quotations and proposals, to include pricing.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers about purchasing matters.
- Commit funds to suppliers
Note: Commitments of funds, made by other than those personnel delegated in writing, are not authorized. Employees making unauthorized commitments will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Determine the ultimate price and source of supply for a product or service.